Niagara Falls USA is home to one of the world’s most iconic natural wonders and an area filled with history, outdoor adventure, wineries and incredible culinary delights. Myself and two team members were lucky enough to visit the stunning destination on a FAM trip.
While the falls are undoubtedly the main attraction, there’s much more to see and do in the region and so our packed itinerary began with some of the destination’s lesser known gems. Here are some of the outstanding attractions and activities we were fortunate enough to experience.
- Whirlpool Jet Boat: For the ultimate adrenaline rush, we embarked on a Whirlpool Jetboat adventure. This high-speed boat tour took us through the thrilling rapids of the Niagara River (if you do not leave the boat drenched from the waves of the rapids then you haven’t had the complete experience).
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center: Delving into the history of the Underground Railroad and the courageous journey of freedom-seekers was a deeply moving experience.
- Arrowhead Springs Winery: As we are all wine enthusiasts, a visit to Arrowhead Springs Winery was the perfect stop off. We were able to tour the vineyards and sample the delicious wines for ourselves.
- Niagara Falls Culinary Institute: The vibrant culinary scene is something that really struck the whole group and after touring the Culinary Institute, and discovering all the classes and workshops you can attend, we all wanted to come back to learn more.
The next few days were spent discovering Niagara Falls from every angle. The first time I saw the natural wonder, I really had to take a minute to compose myself because there really is something magical about them.
- Maid of the Mist: One of the most iconic experiences and definitely a must do activity. Sporting our stylish blue ponchos, we embarked on the voyage into the falls.
- Cave of the Winds: Arguably my favourite way to see the falls. This is because it offers the closest encounter. At the top of the wooden walkway, we stood underneath the rushing water, returning absolutely soaking but really that’s the best part of the unforgettable experience.
- To see the falls from a different perspective, we were lucky enough to take a helicopter tour with Rainbow Air, allowing us to see the majesty of the falls from a different perspective.
We had the most amazing experience in the region and were truly able to see why it is such a magical place. Niagara Falls itself really is a once in a lifetime bucket list experience but being able to explore the rest of the region and discover the other gems of the destination was an incredible experience.